What is Water Damage Restoration?
At SERVPRO of Livingston, Demopolis & Butler, our goal is to restore instead of replace whenever possible. Following are the steps we undertake in order to restore your property after a water damage incident.
Water damage restoration entails:
- It is putting someone’s home or business back together after a water damage incident.
- It is the extra things, like re-laying the carpet, repairing the subfloors, and re-setting the contents.
- It is restoring items to a preloss (normal) condition, whenever possible.
Once the structure and contents are dry, our technicians can perform the restoration services. Restoration services are all of the tasks needed to return the site to its normal, preloss condition. During restoration:
- All repairs to structure and contents are completed.
- Final cleaning is performed.
- Final inspections are made.
- All equipment is removed from the job site.
- All of the customer’s contents are put back in place.
Restoration may include:
- Cleaning, repairing, or reinstalling floors and floor coverings, such as carpets, carpet pads, hardwood floors, resilient, and non-resilient floors.
- Removing and resetting contents to install or repair floor coverings.
- Installing tack strips.
- Seaming carpet.
- Repairing or replacing subfloors.
- Cleaning, replacing, or refinishing structural materials, including walls, plates behind baseboards, ceilings, insulation, framing, and vapor barriers.
- Cleaning or repairing items in non living areas, including basements, crawl spaces, attics, and storage areas.
- Cleaning, repairing, or replacing ductwork or other portions of the HVAC system.
- Inspecting, cleaning, or replacing components of the electrical system, including outlets, switches, light fixtures, and ceiling fans.
- Cleaning, deodorizing, or replacing window coverings, including blinds and draperies.
- Cleaning and deodorizing contents.